Author Topic: Backyard Scrapyard  (Read 1389 times)

November 07, 2015, 08:02:18 PM
Read 1389 times

StrakanXJ

• Information
    • View Profile
    • HellsWolfPak
Never one to do anything 'a little at a time', Im trying my hand at a bit of model conversion.
starting with Stetsons guide to converting SketchUp models (Link and hopefully finishing with making my own (tried to make a few vehices in my time but didnt turn out too well. Major lack of constructive focus imo).

Currently working on a nice model of a Landrover. Doubt it'll be releasable though - no idea what the deal is with permissions etc...is there a way to contact 'Authors' via the Sketchup website? I can only see a comments box?
Also never tried to actually model anything in Sketchup yet... I got it solely on Stetsons sound advice. Will have to see if its more natural to me than blender...

A pic of the Landy:
My First Level!
Faerie_Hill.7z

November 08, 2015, 11:43:01 AM
Reply #1

laguigue

• Information
  • Baguette de pain Franšaise
    • View Profile
Reminds me this TopGear episode :o:

fun is not in easiest roads

November 08, 2015, 11:54:36 AM
Reply #2

StrakanXJ

• Information
    • View Profile
    • HellsWolfPak
pretty much exactly what I was going for! Top marks haha!
My First Level!
Faerie_Hill.7z

November 19, 2015, 03:06:03 PM
Reply #3

StrakanXJ

• Information
    • View Profile
    • HellsWolfPak
The Landy is on hold for now while I play around with some GTA vehicles. I've been cleaning up a Sandking (Sketchup seems to be full of bad geometry!) for over a week now...nearly ready to start texturing, too. Swapped out the low poly engine for a 5.5l model also from Sketchup...but in all honesty I still have a long way to go, still more than 100k tri's!
Again, not sure if i'll be able to release it publicly but I will be happy to share when it is finished - or even beforehand if someone wants to help/collaberate. Im still learning the ropes so any tricks and hints are welcome.
My First Level!
Faerie_Hill.7z